Sunday, April 10, 2005

newgen's pineapple rumba

well, I was pretty bored tonight and had way too much alcohol laying around the apartment so I thought I'd mix something together. this is what I came up with. I'm not sure if it's already a drink or not but if not, I'm calling it newgen's pineapple rumba. here's the recipe for the drink:

6 oz. pineapple juice
2 oz. cranberry juice
1 oz. coca-cola
1 oz. sweet and sour
1 oz. triple sec
1 oz. captain morgan's spiced rum

dir: add several ice cubes to a shaker, combine ingredients, shake, pour. garnish with slice of pineapple and/or maraschino (sp?) cherry.

it looks a little like apple cider and tastes very pineapple-y. you can hardly taste the carbonation from the coke or the alcohol. remember to drink responsibly, etc. if you try this, tell me what you think of it.

No comments: