Friday, June 10, 2005

well, I started screening in reception yesterday which was lots of fun. I get to put info in the computer and give donors a survey. so basically, I can do most things in reception except the finger stick that we use to figure out people's hematocrit (ironic since the needles we use for that are a LOT smaller than the ones we use for venipuncture and we don't have to worry about getting it into a vein) but oh well. other than that, work was really busy for some strange reason. I don't think I had more than two minute's worth of free time all of yesterday. after work, I went grocery shopping. I think it's true what they say: you shouldn't go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. I left checkers with $118.70 in groceries so most of my paycheck from last week is gone but at least I won't be hungry. andrea came over and we decided that steak with watermelon with dessert sounded good. and it was.

on a totally different subject, I've been trying to wake up earlier in the summer (I'm not really sure why) but since I have, I've had a lot more energy (I think it's because I'm going to bed earlier rather than it having anything to do with my waking up earlier). so for those of you keeping track, I'm going to bed at midnight and waking up at around 7:00 AM-ish. off I go to get ready for work, I guess.

No comments: