Tuesday, June 14, 2005

as well as could be expected

work went suprisingly well today considering we were well understaffed and I was left in charge. we were fairly busy and only had a few errors which is pretty good. tack on top of that the fact that we didn't have any CCLs and you have a very good work day. there was only one dark spot on this otherwise awesome day at work. I stuck this donor who only had one usable vein in her arm. well, I couldn't get it the first time so I had to dig around. I finally got it but by that time, her arm started swelling up a bit so I told her she couldn't donate. she asked why and I explained to her that if I connected her, it would be a CCL because we couldn't give her red blood cells back to her. I don't think she understood me because she wanted me to connect her anyways and got mad when I refused to do it. I just saved her from being deferred for over two months and she gets mad at me. guess there'll always be people like that in the world *mental note: when I rule the world, have people like that shot* :) well, off to relax a little bit before I leave for hockey :)

No comments: