Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I hate automated systems

well, I recently got a bill from sprint (my former wireless company) saying that my bill was ready. I found this rather interesting considering I switched to another wireless company two months ago so I went online to check my balance. unfortunately, I couldn't because my number, obviously, was no longer on file with them. so then I called their number. got their stupid automated system. after fifteen minutes of going around in circles on the automated system, I finally figured out how to talk to a representative. two minutes after talking to a very pleasant and courteous rep, my problem was fixed. that, ladies and gentlemen, is why automated systems will never fully replace people.

as for the rest of my day, it was fairly uneventful. at work we got our annual evaluations. looks like I won't be getting fired this year.

classes went all right. kinda strange though. as a student, I used to look forward to the first class after a belt test because I got to learn a new form. as an instructor, I dread it because I have to spend the whole class working on teaching new forms and figuring who to assign to teach which student their new form. also, the first class after a belt test is usually more full than normal because, obviously, everyone wants to promote as soon as possible which means I have students in class I've never even seen before. arrgggg!

after class, I came home, had lasagna for dinner, watch a little tv, took my nyquil and am getting ready to go to bed. hopefully when I wake up tomorrow this cold'll be all gone. I'm feeling a lot better than I did earlier this week though. on the bright side, I'm only work from 8:30 to 4:00 tomorrow. hmmm...it seemed shorter than the 7 1/2 hours it was when I looked at it on the schedule. I guess it just seems shorter compared to working from 10:00 to close (anywhere from 8 to 10 hours). well, off to bed for me.

No comments: