Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mission:Frasier

well, the fifth season of Frasier was supposed to be released today so I, being my usual self, decided to go out and get it. the first place I looked (as per my usual routine) was best buy. no dice. not a single copy. the guy there did tell me that the oak park branch has two copies though. that trip being completely useless, I went to wal-mart. at wal-mart, they had a slot for it. a Frasier hole if you will. the only problem was that there was no Frasier to fill that hole. they seemed to have misplaced a whole shipment of their dvds or something. so off to target I go. no Frasier in sight. my last ditch attempt was Hastings. once again, I was thwarted in my plans to obtain a copy of the fifth season of Frasier. so, I cut my losses and went home and cleaned my hockey equiment to make sure the wheels haven't fallen off the skates or anything since last season. I left for hockey at about 4:30 and got there early. the game didn't start till 6:00. seeing as how I had a little free time and I was only five minutes away from the Oak Park branch of best buy, I thought I'd drop by and pay it a little visit. once again, disappointment. it seems they sold their only two copies. my only solace was that hockey was only moments away. the game went pretty well. I'm playing on a house team this year and the teams are very well matched. we don't have many good shooters on our team but our goalie's probably the best one in the league. I think that's why we were able to come out with a tie game tonight (6-6). andrea and I then had dinner at Chile's which was pretty good. afterwards, I left for lawrence. surely, they must have found that missing shipment by now, I thought. so I headed back to wal-mart. well, they hadn't. so, here I am Frasier-less and tired so I guess I'll go to bed now.

No comments: