Monday, June 27, 2005

I painted good

I had forgotten how relaxing and peaceful painting could be. I worked on painting my dragon princes tonight. I didn't get very far but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I plopped two of my tv tray tables open and set my models on one and my painting supplies on the other. the only thing I really accomplished was that my horses are painted white now. I'll probably have to use another coat or two of paint but that's all right. I still have to paint the heads and the riders anyways so I'm looking forward to that. I'm not sure why I find painting so relaxing. it's not just painting models either. I get the same feeling when I'm paintin cels. I think it's just the joy of taking something that was already there and making it better so that others can take joy in looking at it. which brings me to an interesting question: do people paint (artistically) for themselves or for others? do people paint because they take joy in the act of painting itself or do they paint because they take joy in being able to bring joy to others?

1 comment:

Ookami Snow said...

You should post pictures when you get done.

I paint for both reasons, I am slowly shifting more for personal reasons though, but I still enjoy showing off my models, but I enjoy showing off Nicole’s even more (she is much better at painting than I am).