Wednesday, June 01, 2005

another wednesday

well, today went pretty much the same as every other wednesday before it. work was pretty much the same except we're slower now 'cause a lot of the donors were KU students so they're home for the summer. other than that, the only other difference was that I started my training in reception today. I get to set up appointments and things like that in the computer. it was pretty basic stuff. the hardest part would've been the computer stuff and that was pretty much the same as it was on the donor floor. I got done with the skill set for BMT I in reception in one day. I get to go back in reception again tomorrow. it's kinda fun or at least different.

classes went pretty well. the 12 + year old class went well as usual but there was even more energy in it 'cause of the tournament coming up this saturday. I guess a lot of the adults wanted to get some practice in before then.

as for monday and tuesday, shannon and nicole came up so that was fun (as always). we made sushi on monday which turned out fairly edible. I'm still alive and as far as I can tell, everyone else is too. the sushi didn't look too bad except for this burrito-sized sushi roll we made. it took a while to finish that one. the other two we made were normal-sized so that was pretty boring. we spent that night/next morning beating Gauntlet and playing NHL Hitz Pro on the PS2. on tuesday, we spent part of the day on mass st. when chris and nette got to lawrence, we left mass st. for a while to play disc golf. I think we got about four holes in before it started downpouring. we decided to give up strenous physical exercise in favor of hurling projectiles at babies and monkies in cars (we played Mario Kart). then we got hungry and apparently the call of mass st. was too great 'cause we went back there for dinner (or more accurately, Free State). I think we talked about going Pickle-wrangling either the third or fourth week of july, so if you're reading this, pickle, I'd start running. after dinner, we stopped at signs of life which I hadn't been in before. it's a coffee shop/book store/art gallery. all in all, a pretty cool place. I'd recommend stopping by if you're ever in lawrence. well, that's long enough of a post. off I go.

2 comments:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

Just so you know... we'll be gone July 31st-Aug6th. Anytime around that should be okay.

The Math Ninja said...

I have curriculum training on August 8-9, so it looks like the 3rd week is looking pretty keen.