Wednesday, June 22, 2005

the past 24 hours

well, to start off, I hate having games at 11:15 PM because 1) it's pass my usual bedtime of 10:30 2) you feel like you don't have any energy 3) if you win, you'll have too much adrenaline and can't fall asleep when you get home 4) if you lose, you still won't be able to sleep when you get home. so, quick recap, I hate having games at 11:15. luckily, that's the only one we have this season. most of the others are at 8:15. we have a couple at 10:15 but I don't think those'll be as bad. in case you're wondering about the outcome of the game, we wound up losing by one which is pretty good considering the refs didin't call any (I strongly stress the word ANY) penalties against the other team even though the other team was slashing, hooking, high-sticking, and cross checking most of the game. the only penalty that was called was called on our team. a boarding call which is pretty impressive considering the guy that had the penalty called on him was the one closest to the board (explain that one to me). well, because the game was so late last night, I got about five hours of sleep and had to go to work this morning which made for a very long day. it was really slow at work, just very long at least until half an hour before we close (as is generally the case). I can understand if you don't get out of work until 5:00 or so and then come and donate. it's just the donors that are at the center an hour or before we close that just sit outside smoking and then have to wait awhile before they can sign in because their pulse is too high that bothers me. when I left, there were still over 10 donors that still had to be stuck. then I taught my two classes which went pretty well today. the classes were a bit smaller than usual and the kids in the 6:00 PM class were a lot better behaved than they generally are. after that, I came home and got ready for poker night. I finally won! :) only six people showed up tonight (as opposed to the usual eight or so) but it was still fun. I made a whopping $30 (the 2nd place finsher gets their $5 back and somebody had a re-buy). so here I am typing in blogbert before I head off to bed. my knee's been bothering me most of the day today. I'm not sure if it's just because I was standing all day at work today or if it was a combination of that and hockey yesterday and tae kwon do tonight. hopefully some sleep will help it. it seems like a lot has happened in the past 24 hours but it really hasn't. I just use a lot of words to say it. good night everyone.

No comments: