Monday, February 28, 2005

the story thus far

well, it's been awhile since I posted so I guess I should recap. saturday was pretty busy at work. after work, I went down (or is it up?) to Manhattan. we went to Famous Dave's and had food there. the service wasn't the best and I just checked on-line at my bank statement and I saw that they put $13.25 on my account. the bill was for $10.60. I think the total I put down, with tip, was $12.00. so, if that's the amount that is withdrawn from my account tomorrow, I'll be making some phone calls. yeah, so don't go to Famous Dave's. instead, go to the Chili's there. the service was good and so was the food and they put the right amount on my debit card. after fooding, we went to aaron's and played GT4, katamari damacy, and the new nhl hitz. a great time was had. I think we (shannon, aaron, and I) were up till 5:30 AM playing it and had a record of 301 hits on our last game. then I crashed at shannon and nicole's, woke up at noon, had chili's, got back to lawrence.

on to today's merriments. work was really slow today so they sent the two people that had been there the longest for the day home. unfortunately, that was the two supervisors which meant that I was left in charge and was the only one that could stick red veins and do a couple Senior BMT only duties. everything was fine till about 5:30 when we had our usual rush. six people came in...all of them had red veins except one. one of the red veined people I wasn't able to stick so we just wrapped him up and let him go. unfortunately, I still had to do paperwork for it. as I was doing the paperwork for that, the person that was sticking the only donor that wasn't a red vein couldn't stick him so I fidgeted with the vein. unfortunately, the needle was too deep and I couldn't save it and we couldn't use his other arm 'cause he didn't have a large enough vein in that one. so, if you're keeping track, that's paperwork for two people I had to do then. as I was trying to do the paperwork for these two people, an alarm went off. one of the people that had been stuck by one of the other phlebotemists had a hematoma (sweeling of the arm due to liquid flowing outside of the vein) so I had to stop the autopheresis machine, pull the needle, and stick him in the other arm. this is about when the other four red veined donors came back so I couldn't do the paperwork until the other four were stuck. guess I shoulda known this was the kind of a I was going to have when the first donor I stuck today decided to pull the needle out of his arm when the machine was returning his cells to him. it made a mess.

enough of that now though. I'm home and am planning on relaxing until OC time where I plan on playing lots of ntn.

No comments: