Friday, February 18, 2005

something weird

well, something weird happened to me today as I was leaving work for the night. I slipped the key into the ignition and, being the ignorant person that I am, I expected the car to start. well, that didnt' happen on the first try. nor did it the second. nor the third. then I noticed that the security light was on on the dashboard indicating that the security function on the car had been tripped. basically what that means is that when the security function is tripped, the car prevents gas from getting to the engine. so I walked home, went to the manufacturer's web site and looked at the faq expecting to find some elaborate combination that I have to pull off (step on the gas pedal three times, the brake pedal twice, turn the key two-thirds of the way, and honk the horn or something like that) to reset the system. is this what I find? no. instead, it tells me to wait until the light turns itself off, then try again. so after, walking all that way home, I find out that I should've just waited there until the security light goes off. so then, I trudge my way back to work (where I left the car) and tried it again with much better success.

now, on to the rest of my day. we were short -staffed...again. no surprise there. the supervisor's grandmother was sick so she had to drive to oklahoma today which left basically me and another guy that was capable of doing most of the sticks. after work and that whole car fiasco thing, I went to best buy and got the new green day cd (mostly 'cause I got 'boulevard of broken dreams' stuck in my head most of the day). got home, studied for the MCAT (I'm only 3 days behind now. yea!). that basically is my day there. tomorrow's only half a day so that'll be nice. I think andrea and I are going to go see the new Keanu Reeves movie (Constantine) it looked kinda interesting and I've heard it's gotten great reviews so we'll probably do that (assuming it doesn't snow).

No comments: