Wednesday, February 23, 2005

life finds a way

well, I've been feeling kinda hermit-ish all day and a little melancholy. no real reason. in any case, I made myself empty the water in the aquarium because the water was a quarter of the way gone and the filter was making its little choking-cause-I'm-out-of-water noise so I thought I might as well change the water in the tank. this usually requires taking a little bit of the water out of the tank with a vaccuum-tube contraption but as I was about to do that, I looked in the tank and noticed something tiny floating in the water. now normally, I would assume that it was fishy-feces but this debris was a little different, it actually went against the water current! upon closer inspection, I realized that it wasn't fishy-feces at all but fish fry (baby fish, not potato wedges trying to pass as fish) and not only that, there was not one!, not two!, not even three! but four! fry (fries?) in the tank. funny thing is that I was thinking about getting some more fish tomorrow. looks like I don't have to anymore (assuming they all survive and don't get eaten by the mother fish or the three ghost shrimp). well, off to bed for me. I've got work tomorrow.

No comments: