Sunday, February 06, 2005

Songs II

well, it was kinda popular last time so here's another list of lyrics to figure out. if you don't know the exact name of the song but can quote the chorus of the song, that's good enough for me.

1. "...they've never seen the northern lights/ They've never seen a hawk on the wing" (Night Rider's Lament - Garth Brooks)

2. "It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back/ It's like a whirlwind inside of my head" (Papercut - Linkin Park)

3. "If I can reach the stars/ Pull one down for you" (Change the World- Eric Clapton)

4. "Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road/ Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go" (Time of Your Life - Green Day)

5. "I'm not a man to throw words to the wind/ I said 'I love you' and that's what I meant" (The Rest of My Life - Blessid Union of Souls)

6. "how my poor heart aches/ With every step you take" (Every Breath You Take - The Police)

7. "I ain' the sharpest tool in the shed/ She was lookin' kinda dumb" (All Star - Smashmouth)

8. "In the book was the word/ In the word there was truth/ In the truth there was age" (Dream Child - Trans-siberian Orchestra)

9. "this bond between us can't be broken/ I will be here, don't you cry" (You'll Be in My Heart - Tarzan sndtrk)

10. "...is a curious thing/ Make one man weep/ Make another man sing" (Power of Love - Back to the Future sndtrk)

11. "I want to grow something wild and unruly/ I want to sleep..." (Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks)

12. "I like the sushi 'cause it's never touched a frying pan/ Hot like wasabe when I bust rhymes" (One Week - Barenaked Ladies)

13. "If there is a load/ You have to bear, that you can't carry/ I'm right up the road" (Lean on Me - Temptations)

14. "In west philadelphia born and raised/ on the playground..." (Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Will Smith)

15. "Innocent tears in the pouring rain/ As I walked away" (One of These Days - Tim McGraw)

16. "Ah, must I leave thee here/ In endless night to dream/ Where joy is dark and drear" (Ah, Leave Me Not to Pine - Pirates of Penzance sndtrk)

17. "farmers bar your doors/ When you see the jolly rogers on Regina's mighty shores" (The Last Saskatchewan Pirate - Arrogant Worms)

18. "We are just children understand/ We're two in a million like precious grains of sand" (One Love - Sister Hazel)

19. "...once in a while/ Please promise me you'll try" (Remember Me - Phantom of the Opera)

20. "Can you play me a memory/ I'm not really sure how it goes/ But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete/ When I wore a younger man's clothes" (Piano Man - Billy Joel)

21. "I just want you for my own/ More than you can ever know" (All I Want for Christmas - Love Actually sndtrk)

22. "What would you do/ If I sung out of tune?" (With a Little Help from my Friends - Joe Cocker)

23. "candles everywhere/ A fire hazard any other day" (What is Christmas - Trans-siberain Orchestra)

24. "Can't believe it's been so many years/ You'd better grab a chair and a couple of beers" (I'm Alright - Jo Dee Messina)

25. "Tell me all your secrets and I'll tell you most of mine/ They say nobody's perfect/ Well that's really true this time" (Final Frontier - Mad About You Theme)

3 comments:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

11. Wide Open Space (Dixie Chicks)
12. One Week (Barenaked Ladies)
14. Fresh Prince Theme Song
17. I know this one but choose not to answer in attempt to see who is a loyal fan! :)
19. Think of Me (Phantom of the Opera)

Okay I'll make other people guess other ones.

Ookami Snow said...

4. time of your life. Green Day
17. The Last Saskatchewan Pirate
22. With A Little Help
25. Til the Day I Die

Anonymous said...

2) Breaking the Habit
6) I'll be missing you?
7)All Star
13)Stand By Me
25)uh...Mad About You theme...no- name person...hell, I don't know

matt