Monday, August 29, 2005

it's over! it's finally over!

well, it's been a very long day. I think we must've gotten over 20 new donors today. why is that impressive you ask? because new donors take FOREVER to process. they take about 2 hours to process and then when they finally get back to the donor floor we have to give them a fifteen minute speeche before they can even start their donation which already takes an hour or so to do. I didn't get out until a little after a quarter till seven (I was supposed to be off at six). what did I do after work, you ask? go home and relax? no. instead, I went to an instructor meeting which was pretty informative. so long story short, I worked 10 1/2 hours today, went to a two hour meeting, and now I'm home and have a headache. I think the headache was from work...well, I'm sure it was from work because I had it before the meeting started. other plans for the night include going to OCs for trivia and happy hour. if you're in manhattan, make sure you stop by their OCs (it opens today).

on other news, I went down to manhattan this weekend after the belt test on saturday. I was hoping to be down there by two but that didn't happen b/c the belt test didn't get done till 3 because we had people testing for black belt. what'd we do down there you ask? why, warhammer of course. it was a massive battle and took forever. by the end, we just wanted it to be over with because we were so tired. I think it took about 12 hours to finish including breaks for dinner and setting up. all that work to end up in a tie/minor victory. oh well, it was fun up to the point that sleep deprivation set in. well, I think I'll go and try to do something to make my head hurt less.

No comments: