Wednesday, July 27, 2005

quick recap

well, I'm very tired right now so I'll probably just post really quick and probably head off to bed soon. quick recap of the trip to minnesota: 1) seeing Pickle and Julia was really fun. it's good to see old friends and to keep in touch. 2) Athos likes the couch in the basement. if you are trying to sleep on it and he's around, he WILL lick your face to get you off of it and to make you make room for him. 3) kudos to Iowa who recently raised their maximum speed limit from 65 mph to 70 mph. that made the trip soooo much faster. well, it seemed like it anyways. 4) Pickle is old. 5) don't say things like "looks like my dragon made it all the way from Minnesota" and then proceed to take it from the car into the apartment because something like its left wing will inevitably fall off. 6) it takes at least three attempts to leave any location. all in all, a good time was had by all. for a more in depth report of the trip, see Shannon's and Nicole's blog.

as for today, work went well. I had to stay late (as usual) and barely made it in time to teach my two classes. the head instructor also asked me to help him teach classes next week (apparently all the other instructors are going on vacation that week) so I'll have to check my work schedule tomorrow to see if I can. since I've gotten home, the only other thing I've done besides fooding was painting my silver helms. for some reason, it always seems to take forever for me to paint horses. I'm not really sure why but they seem to take longer to get done than people. what else...oh yeah, I ordered some ogres today so they should be in by friday. I probably won't work on them until I'm done with all my high elf stuff so it'll be awhile before I get around to it. well, I'm gonna try to finish painting all eight silver helm horses tonight and then probably head off to bed. I've got to open tomorrow.

No comments: