Tuesday, July 12, 2005

wow, that's long

hmmm...that last post made me sound kinda crazy if you didn't know I was talking about warhammer... well, anyways, it's been a couple of days since I've updated blogbert. as for saturday, I went out with some friends to a fancy smancy restaraunt. it wound up being one of those french cuisine type places where the waiters put your napkin in your lap for you and all that other stuff that you sometimes see you on food network. I had the bison strips with a foi gras (sp?) butter sauce. it was really, really good. everyone else had normal (but still good) food. I think they ordered the pork chop and the chicken. I'm not gonna tell you how much the bill was but let's just say the tip was about $25. on sunday, we went to see funny girl. it's a musical about Fanny Brice (apparently a prett big actress. she was in Zigfields follies or something like that). the show was all right. the actress did a really good job with her songs, I just wasn't really that impressed with the script. the food there was decent. not nearly as good as it was the last time we went but my tastebuds may be biased from the french food from the night before. I was told Pickle's parents were also going to go see the show this weekend but I couldn't find them so they might've gone to the saturday showing or they might've just been on the other side of the theatre. that brings me to today. I'm actually typing from Shannon and Nicole's place right now. they're both asleep. I came down last night after work (which went pretty slow until the last half hour or so). got down here at about 9-ish. we fooded at chipotle because the subway at the union was closed and then came back to their place for game olympics stuff (check shannon's or nicole's blog for results) and then, on to warhammer! the battle started off fairly even and then my dragon princes of caledor ran away for quite a while. stupid princes. they've yet to do anything uber cool. the last game we played, they held up some chaos knights for most of the game before getting slaughtered but that's about it. anyways, once my princes ran away, that pretty much killed our strategy and left a lot of other units on our side vulnerable to attack (which nicole, nette, and aaron did). and then when shannon's spearmen and sea guard got aten (past tense of eat? well, technically, it'd be eaten but that doesn't sound as fun) by zombies and bats, that was pretty much the end for us. the lone bright side for the armies I was controlling was that my sea guard did really well. they sustained very little casualties and onl fled once while doing a lot of damage and tying up two units. plans for the rest of the day: food, maybe do some game olympics stuff before leaving, clean aquarium, get some fish, clean apartment, paint archers if I have time. well, this post has been long enough so I'm gonna go do other stuff now (probably play on the internet until shannon and nicole wake up).

No comments: