Friday, May 27, 2005

today has been a productive day

well, today has been a very productive day. not so much getting stuff done but planning for my future sort of stuff. work went fine. I was the last closer so I didn't get home till about 7:30 PM because I had to stock and count tonight. then I had dinner (mmmm...nachos with taco meat...) and then studied physics for the MCAT. it's amazing how much more this stuff makes sense now than it did when I was taking the class in college. after about two hours of that, I got burnt out on physics so I was messing around on my computer and I checked a site I hadn't been to in about four years or so - the AACOM home page (the osteopathic medicine home page) so I messed around on there for awhile. osteopathic doctors basically do the same thing MDs do except they treat the whole person instead of just illnesses. DOs (doctor of osteopathic medicine) tend to be more primary care physicians/ pediatrics (the fields I'm interested in) anyways. anywhos, the site had a link to DO schools in the US and I found one in Kirksville, Missouri that looks really promising. it's four hours away from Lawrence so it's fairly close and I have all the pre-reqs for it as far as I know so it's definitely a possibility for me. here's a link to their website if you're interested. I also visited the Kirksville page and the city looks pretty nice. the city only has about 17,000 people so it'd be a nice small town. apparently the campus is three miles away from Thousand Hills State Park which also looks very nice. wells that's it for now. I'm getting tired now so off to bed I go.

No comments: