Sunday, May 08, 2005

how to write a non-bad blog

well, I've spent the last half hour pushing the "next blog" button on my screen and have yet to find one that I find interesting. one-fourth of the ones I've come across are ads and another fourth is in a foreign language. the other half just don't appeal to me. and even though I do not necessarily know how to write a good blog, I DO know how to avoid writing a bad one. so, in the interest of me finding more entertaining blogs , I have endeavored to write a list of things to do and not to do. if you have any others, feel free to leave them in the comments section and I'll add to the list.

1. do NOT write about celebrities. in my half hour of searching for blogs, I came across ten or so blogs dedicated solely to either movie stars or sports figures. this is bordering on stalking, people.

2. keep the entries short. people have a short attention span and are lazy. if they have to scroll to finish the article, chances are, they won't.

3. write about things you think about. it's ok to add occassional articles about what you did with your day but most people reading your blog won't know you and, thus, don't care how your day went.

4. add relevant photos. nothing breaks up the monotony of a cluster of words better than a well-placed photo. there are several programs out there for this. I personally use hello but I have friends that use flickr as well. there are many programs out there so try them out and use the one that works best for you.

5. it helps to be funny when you post. and try not to be a stereotype kind of person, try to have depth with your thoughts. (Ookami Snow)

1 comment:

Ookami Snow said...

Agreed.

It helps to be funny when you post. And try not to be a stereotype kind of person, try to have depth with your thoughts.