Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

well, after my Qdoba Mole Chicken Burrito I was still kinda hungry (it was more of a fourth of a burrito. I ate most of it yesterday) so I decided to hop into the kitchen and find out what I still had in the fridge. as luck would have it, I had home made crab dip and honey baked ham. so I thought to myself, self, what could you do with that. a light bulb went on (or burnt out, I can't ever tell which) and sandwich popped up. so I grabbed two slices of wheat bread, three slices of the ham, spread the crab dip on one piece of bread, and added four fresh basil leaves to kick it up a notch (sorry Emeril if you're reading this). the strange thing is that it doesn't taste too bad. I might have to try this again sometime. what strange food combinations have you come up with (and eaten)?

5 comments:

Ookami Snow said...

A Papa John's pizza with pepperoni, pineapple, and banana peppers, is one of the strangest combinations of food, yet so good.

nettymus said...

Our family eats cottage cheese with brown surgar. I thought it was normal until Chris told me otherwise.

newgen said...

pepperoni, pineapple, and banana peppers...ah...the snowbuffs combo I think. I think it was me, you, and someone else (Pickle?) that ordered that one night.

newgen said...

mmmm...brown sugar...I used to eat buttered sugar sandwiches (you take two slices of bread, spread butter on both pieces, microwave it, and then put sugar in the middle.) we also used to do ice cream sandwiches...literally. we'd put ice cream on two pieces of bread.

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

I used to love ketchup and rice as a kid.