Saturday, May 27, 2006

does lawrence have a sperm bank?

believe it or not, someone actually asked me that at work yesterday. I'm not sure if it was because it looked like I was knowledgable about such places or if it was because I worked at a place where you donate stuff and so I should know of other places where you could donate stuff. yup, that's the kind of people I associate with at work. keep in mind that this is a rare occurence. most (about 98%) of the donors are really cool and I wouldn't mind spending time with them outside of the center but there are those in the 2% which really make you wonder if they could possible pass a bill that requires permits to have offspring fast enough. at my lunch break yesterday, one of my male co-workers and I were talking about the strangest question we've been asked at work and that was my answer. at about that time another co-worker, a female one, came in and said that she had just been asked the same thing but she thought that it was a pick up line so I'm not sure if I should be relieved or scared that I was asked the same thing... well, in any case, the answer, if you were wondering, is no, lawrence does not have a sperm bank. it was such an intriguing question that I had to pull out the phone book in the center and look it up. on to other news, I got my car back yesterday so no more walking three or so miles in the heat for me. I may still bike to work though. it's usually pretty nice in the morning when I head out to work and it's actually faster since I can cut through parking lots on the bike. also, I officially turned in my application for the supervisor position at work this morning so I should be hearing about that sometime in the next two to three weeks. on a totally unrelated story, I headed off this morning to walmart to get ink for the printer (I was messing with photoshop and had a pic I wanted to print). anyways, while there, I saw that they had Rampage for the PS2 (a childhool favorite of mine) so I had to pick that up and the Perfect Storm (which I hadn't seen but everyone else seemed to love so I had to pick that up to). well, in any case, I didn't get any ink because I couldn't remember what flavoer of hp printer I had and wound up with two things not on the list. so, I'm off to watch the perfect storm.

No comments: