Saturday, September 10, 2005

incompetence abounds

well, work sucked today. we had a new guy start sticking a couple of days ago and he does a pretty decent job most of the time but for some reason, he had problems today. I think that about 51% of his sticks had to be adjusted or redone. luckily, we were only open for four hours today. unfortunately, I think I spent 3 3/2 of it fixing his mistakes or doing paperwork for the mistakes he made. now it's not that he made mistakes that annoys me. after all, I had more than my fair share when I first started. it's that I ask him if he needs help with a stick that obviously isn't working (i.e. there's no blood going into the needle), then he says no and digs around in the donor's veins for two or three minutes and then asks me to correct it after he's already gone through the vein and the arm is obviously swelling up and there's nothing that I can do that annoys me. throw into that the fact that we were understaffed and had a lot of donors come in and you have a pretty lousy day. anyways, after I got off of work, I came home and spent the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing productive. I played on the psp for a couple of hours and then started painting my spellsinger for a bit. I also worked on scenery a little bit but I don't know if I'll actually use it or not. it's too crumbly as of right now so I'll have to steady it somehow. well, I think my first layer of paint has dried on the spellsinger now so I'm back to painting and enjoying a glass of blackberry wine. if the spellsinger turns out good, I may post a pic sometime later.

No comments: