Friday, December 16, 2005

there's still hope

on my lunch break today, I decided to have BK simply because I didn't really have any "lunch food" at my place. as I was heading in, I stopped and opened the outside door for an elderly lady walking out. behind the old lady was a mother with three children behind her. the oldest of the children held the inside door open for her and his little brothers AND ME. I walked through the door and kindly thanked him for his troubles. it's things like this that make me smile and think that maybe, just maybe, humanity may survive this spiral of despair it seems to be on. in this world of "me firsts" and "out of my ways", it's nice to see that there are still people that are still courteous. his parents did a good job raising him and in the off chance that you're reading this, thank you. so, long story short, be courteous, it does make a difference.

No comments: