Thursday, October 13, 2005

of mice and men

well, as some of you may know, I've had a mouse running around my apartment for a little while now. anyways, this weeekend, I finally got motivated enough to do something about it. I bought a mouse trap and me being me, I had to go high tech and electricy. I got the trap at walmart for about $20 and took 4 AA batteries. the way it works is that you bait the trap with peanut butter and then the mouse finds its way in there and gets trapped in a tunnel thingy and then the trap basically electrocutes the mouse. my favorite part is that on the packaging, it says in big bold letters "for a humane kill" or something to that effect. anyways, I didn't have any peanut butter so I used nutella instead...mmm....nutella....back to the story...I followed the directions like the packaging tells me and set the trap. next evening when I got home from work, sure enough, the light that tells you the trap's been activated was blinking and there was a mouse tail hanging out of the trap. very well design trap and pretty inexpensive too. I don't know how much an exterminator costs but I'm sure it's more than $20 and 4AA batteries and a jar of nutella. so, long story short, if you've gotta get rid of mice *cough* Pickle and Julia *cough* you may want to consider getting the trap.

1 comment:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

I just can't bring myself to use a death trap for rodents while I still have a pet rat. I could get a live trap or just let Emily party in the garage. Currently I'm just letting Emily party.