Thursday, October 06, 2005

chili...gumbo...it's the same thing...

well, I thought that chili would be a good idea to make for dinner tomorrow night 'cause the weather's supposed to be kinda cold so I went to Dillons and got some ingredients. I threw them in the crock pot, added some water, and stirred it every once in awhile. well, long story short, it looks more like gumbo now than chili. I think I went wrong when I threw the kilbasa in there... in case you're wondering, the ingredients are:

2 lbs. ground beef
4 cloves garlic
3 jalapenos
1 vidalia onion
1 kilbasa
1 can diced tomatos
cumin
chili powder
red pepper powder
meat tenderizer

it really doesn't taste half bad...at least so far. who knows, maybe the stock'll reduce down and it'll resemble chili more. the meat smelled really good when it was cooking with the sauted onions and jalenos and garlic in the skillet though. well, anyways, I'm off again.

2 comments:

Ookami Snow said...

how'd it taste?

Anonymous said...

gumbo = okra