Saturday, October 22, 2005

crash

well, just got done watching three of my six movies now (Layer Cake, Mindhunters, and Crash). out of the three, I think I'd have to say that Crash is my favorite. basically, the movie shows how the lives of the main characters are intermingled and how race and stereotypes play into it. it's shown through several different points of views. the movie is very powerful and moving, uplifting and yet demoralizing at the same time. I'd highly recommend watching it especially if you're interested in race relations and your name happens to be shannon, nicole, or nette. it's one of the few movies that I've rented that I will probably also eventually buy (the others being Mulin Rouge and Iron Monkey so you can sort of guage my taste in movies by that). it's also got a lot of big name stars in it including Sandra Bullock, Brandon Fraser, Don Cheadle, Tony Danza, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito, etc. so, in summary, if you're bored sometime and/or need a movie that makes you think, rent "Crash".

No comments: