Sunday, January 30, 2005

if you're bored

if you're bored, here's something you can do. following are snippets from songs on my MP3 player that popped up on random. see if you can figure out what songs they're from without using google or another search engine. you can leave your guesses in my comment book. you can guess at all of them or just specific ones and I'll unbold all the ones someone has gotten right. I'll post the answers later.

1. "I'm proud to say she's my buttercup/I'm in love" (All Shook Up - Elvis Presley)

2. "Take the world in a love embrace/ Fire all your guns at once..." (Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf)

3. "Her soul rises in the evening/ For to open twilight's door" (Ireland - Garth Brooks)

4. "Damn this rain/ And damn this wasted day" (Somewhere Other than the Night - Garth Brooks)

5. "Do you think you're gonna live forever/ What's forever?" (Humble Star - Blessid Union of Souls)

6. "Saw it written on the church marquee/ As I drove into town" (Brand New Me - John Michael Montgomery)

7. "Jubilation/ She loves me again" (Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel)

8. "Where the crowds will cheer/ When they see my face" (Go the Distance - Hercules sndtrk)

9. "Who is he baby?/ Who is he and tell me what he means to you" (Cuts Like a Knife - Bryan Adams)

10. "You were there when I needed you/ You were there when the skies broke wide wide open" (Five Candles - Jars of Clay)

11. "Lord has blessed me with a song a day to sing/ It's been a long hard road but I wouldn't change a thing" (Lucky to be Here - Blessid Union of Souls)

12. "I've been wishing I could find me a wishing well/ And throw in every penny I own" (Me & the Moon - Bryan White)

13. "I'd walk into your skin/ Swim through your veins" (Disappear - Jars of Clay)

14. "...painted wings/ Things I almost remember" (Once Upon a December - Anastasia sndtrk)

15. "All you know is when I"m with you, I make you free/ And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea" (Follow Me - Uncle Cracker)

16. "I had my dreams in view/ When my money ran out and my engine blew" (That's the Way - Jo Dee Messina)

17. "It may be quite simple but now that it's done/ I hope you don't mind..." (Your Song - Elton John/ Moulin Rouge sndtrk)

18. "I'll whisper your name/ Into the sky" (As I Lay Me Down - Sophie B. Hawkins)

19. "I never took the smile away from anybody's face/ And that's a desperate way to look for someone who is still a child" (In a Big Country - Big Country)

20. "Yeah life throws you curves/ But you've learned to swerve" (These Days - Rascal Flatts)

21. "No I'll stand my ground/ Won't be turned around" (I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty)

22. "Mr. Wizard can't perform no God-like hocus pocus" (Walkin' on the Sun - Smashmouth)

23. "All around the world/ Statues crumble 'fore me" (Fly - Sugar Ray)

24. "Such a strange combination of woman and child/ Such a strange situation..." (Callin' Baton Rouge - Garth Brooks)

25. "I was made for loving you baby/ You were made for loving me" (Elephant Love Melody - Moulin Rouge sndtrk)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

14. Once Upon a December! Anastasia

I recognize others, but don't know the correct titles (I can sing the chorus for you if you'd rather)
-Julia

Ookami Snow said...

2. born to be wild
15. heavy things?
25. elephant love medely

newgen said...

numbers 2, 14, and 25 are right. number 15 isn't.

Anonymous said...

23. I just want to fly
tsukemono

Ookami Snow said...

15 is follow me, by uncle cracker... i don't know why i guessed phish