Friday, April 07, 2006

the all-clear

well, after reading shannon's post yesterday about killer weather, I decided to check the local tv stations to see if any bad weather was heading our way (we're kinda known for getting random stuff. microburst comes to mind) and sure enough we were under a tornado watch. because of said watch, I decided not to go and make up my class that I had missed earlier for the MCAT. so I sat at home waiting for the storm to show up. what'd we get? nothing. not a single drop of rain. I guess manhattan took it all. on to today's news. we got paid today (wooohoooo!) we also got doughnuts 'cause we've been swamped all week long. today was the first time it's actually been slow. other highlights include a coworker making a suit of armor from some kit boxes and glove boxes and a sword from some caps off of the kits we use and a helmet from the visors we use. it was getting pretty busy when I left for lunch though so you never know what it'll be like when I get back. off I go to enjoy my lunch of sushi from dillons and powerade option. I got the strawberry flavor. it was suprisingly good. you never can tell with those water/fruit hybrids. they can be either really, really good or really, really nasty.

No comments: