Saturday, February 18, 2006

a short story

one happy morning, little newgen sprang out of bed and said to himself, "hey, let's not get anything productive done today" and with that intent, he went on his merry way. instead of cleaning or studying or ending world famine, he finished painting his skeleton warriors.

after finishing his skeletons, he thought to himself "I should probably get something to eat before I start looking like these guys" so he hippity hopped his way to the kitchen and threw a bunch of stuff into his crock pot. when he was done, this was what came out:

"I sure hope it tastes better than it looks," he said to himself and sure enough, the chicken noodle soup sure did taste better than it looked. "Ugghhh, I've eaten too much. I need to do something even less productive than painting," he said. "I know, TV'll do the trick" and with the flick of a button, his TV turned on and he watched team USA lose to Slovakia in hockey. "Well, now what?" he said after the game was over. I know, I'll start on my chaos knights" and this is what he was able to finish:


And with an exhaustive yawn, he headed off to bed knowing that he had accomplished his goal of doing nothing productive all day.

THE END

1 comment:

The Math Ninja said...

I have to believe painting is productive. Otherwise I've wasted a lot of time this weekend.