Sunday, February 12, 2006

ethanol: the wave of the future!

well, I've been interested in this ethanol as an alternative fuel source thing for a while now and I saw a commercial on tv for it so I thought I'd actually stop by the web site and check it out (you can too at www.livegreengoyellow.com). as far as I can find, it looks like the only downside to using ethanol is that you'd get 5 or so less miles per gallon which means that you'd have to refuel a little more often but since ethanol is either the same price as gas or cheaper, it shouldn't really cost you all that much more. good reasons for using ethanol (according to the aforementioned website:
1) renewable fuel source
2) cuts down on dependency on foreign fuel sources
3) CUTS DOWN ON EMISSIONS
4) good for the economy and farmers

one thing that I found that was kind of interesting is that most of the gas stations that offer E85 (ethanol), as of right now, are located either in western kansas or, with the exception of topeka, are small towns. now if GC can just get an ethanol plant there, that'd really boost the economy and encourage more businesses to expand there (I'm lookin' at you Best Buy) and then I can move back there. you can check out a list of gas stations with ethanol in kansas at www.e85fuel.com. looks like I'm gonna hafta get me one of those cars one of these days... oh yeah, you can sign up for t-shirts at livegreengoyellow.com. unforutnately, they're all out now but I think I'm gonna hafta get one of those too.

1 comment:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

There's a lot of E85 stations in MN. We wanted to get a car that used it, but the cars that did weren't really what we were looking for or were out of our price range. Pretty cool stuff though!