Thursday, May 24, 2007

thar be pirates!

one of my friends works at the movie theatre in lawrence and last night, they had an advanced screening of the new pirates of the caribbean movie and I was lucky enough to go. in short, I think that overall the movie is better than the other two. there is quite a bit more humor with several plot twists involved. that is not to say, however, that action is lacking. there are several fight sequences and explosions. there are also several cameos scattered throughout the movie. my only semi-complaint about the movie is about the soundtrack. true, it is better than the second movie but nowhere near as good as the first one. unfortunately, they brought Hans Zimmerman back for the third installment of the pirates trilogy instead of Klaus Baudelt. although Zimmerman's music is usually great, it felt like for the pirate trilogy he just did variations on Baudelt's previous score. overall, I'd give the movie a 9 1/2 stars out of ten. see it for yourself and be your own judge.

1 comment:

Ookami Snow said...

Yes I was disappointed with the music too.

But that is cool that you got to see it easrly.