Thursday, November 16, 2006

the weirdest dream

I had the weirdest dream last night. for some reason, I had to climb down this narrow cave-ish shaft carrying two kids. one was a real kid, probably four-ish or so. the other was a mannikin baby which somehow or other had become animated. so I was there carrying the two kids down the shaft and when we got down the shaft, I noticed that the mannikin baby was no longer breathing so I gave it two breaths which didn't go in so, being the good first responder that I am, I started into 5 backslaps and 5 chest thrusts. well, I kept on working on it for what seemed like half an hour and just as I was about to give up, the mannikin baby spewed this liquid and vomit and started breathing again. I had never been so happy as when it started breathing. so, long story short, I think I'm spending way too much time doing stuff for my first responder class. now that I think about it, the mannikin baby did look a lot like the baby mannikins we used for cpr for the class...

No comments: