Saturday, September 23, 2006

USA A-OK

I was watching the travel channel today and I saw an commercial for Brazil and Puerto Rico and I thought to myself, I wonder if the US advertises abroad on foreign televison channels. is there someone in Brazil or Puerto Rico right now watching some New Yorker give the thumbs up sign or a cowboy riding his horse? perhaps a montage of the statue of liberty, the golden gate bridge, and the great arch being shown with "it's a small world" playing in the background. but then I think of all the money the government spends on beefing up security at the borders which probably discourages international travelers a little bit. then again, there are commercials on tv for individual states so you never know... let me know if they show USA commercials if you live abroad or just let me know what you think if you don't live outside the US.

No comments: