Friday, March 03, 2006

ethanol update

well, I was listening to KPR this morning and they mentioned that they were planning on opening seven ethanol plants in kansas. yea! also, on a semi-related story, I brought my car in to get some work done. the driver side window hasn't rolled down since november sometime and with the check engine light popping up a week ago, I thought today was a great day to drop it off. the problem with the window? a motor blew or something so that had to be fixed. total price of materials alone: $300+. and then there was labor and taxes... on the bright side, the check engine light was due to the gas cap not being tight enough. I honestly think that some sprite or gremlin loosens the cap at night while I'm asleep. I tighten the cap until I hear two or three clicks everytime I fill it up. oh well. bye-bye next two paychecks. speaking of paycheck, I apperently got a raise sometime in the last two weeks because I am now a trained senior technician in reception as well as a train senior phlebotomist on the donor floor or something like that. at least that's what the manager said. she also said that she thinks I'll be getting another raise before our annual raise this june so I'll finally be making over $9/hr. on yet another semi-related note. about four months ago when I was stuck on the donor floor the whole time and was the only fully trained phlebotomist and was working an average of 50+ hours a week, I toyed around with the idea of getting a different job and submitted a couple of applications. well, I got a call back from one of the places today and they are interested in hiring me. they're locating in lenexa (farther away from manhattan than lawrence is. sorry, shannon) so I'd have to commute but after andrea and I get married next year, we were probably going to move further east anyways since she works in the kc metro area so that's not a big deal. the kicker is that they're offering me $12/hr as a starting salary for a phlebotomist with 2 years experience. well, anyways, I have an interview with them on monday. I'm not really sure what I'll do if they offer me the job but I don't think I'll worry about it unless/until they do. well, off to bed I go. I have to open in reception tomorrow.

No comments: