Monday, July 06, 2009

Exodus

Yes,for those of you wondering, we made it to Vietnam alright. We spent the fist two days in Ho Chi Ming city visiting my mom's family. On night number two (I number nights now because I have no idea what day it actually is), we visited my grandma on my mom's side's grave and had dinner (not at my granma on my mom's side's grave). The dinner was good. Kind of an all-you-can-eat buffet style held out in the open. Then we spent night three out in the country. Highlights from that night include me climbing a coconut tree (harder to do than you think, especially after it's just rained), "driving" a moped (I drove it around the parking lot), and getting bitten by what I can only assume was, and hoping was, a bunch of mosquitos. Highlights from night four including heading out to the ocean to a riverwalk sort of place. The moped ride there was thirty minutes so that was fun. After that, we had dinner at a seafood restaurant. Really reasonable prices for how much we ate and drank. I think it wound up being about eight US dollars per person. Then we went to a karaoke bar (mostly because my cousins wanted to). No, I didn't sing. Today we're in the city and so, I have spent about twenty-four hours flying only to sit in front of a computer screen and type all of this out :) I think we're going to do a little shopping today and hang out a little bit. Plans for tomorrow? The BEACH!!! I'll try to post pics when I get back on the 16th.

1 comment:

Ookami Snow said...

Sounds like fun... besides the mosquitoes.