Friday, October 05, 2007

you don't see that every day


I took the day off from work because my brother's getting married tomorrow and I have family coming in from out of town. This being the situation, I spent most of the morning cleaning up. As I was cleaning the fridge out (something I suggest doing more often than bi-annually), I heard the roar of something that sounded like cannons coming from the distance. Much to my dismay, no cannons, no pirate ships, not even an anchor anywhere in sight. Where could that sound be coming from? I thought to myself. And then the answer came marching from below the horizon (or around the corner if you prefer). The cannon roar was coming from the drum line of the marching band. Apparently, today is their homecoming parade or something. It's not every day that a marching band marches down your street and past your house.

No comments: