Sunday, January 08, 2006

better days

well, just got back from Olathe about two hours ago. yesterday, andrea and some friends planned a surprise birthday party for me which was really fun. we did a murder mystery thing and it turned out that Amanda did it...again. shannon and nicole and nette and chris showed up which made it even more fun since I know they had a pretty long drive to get there.

on to other things. I've been trying to download this song by the goo goo dolls called better days for two days now and it turns out that my DRM file was corrupted so I've been fixing that this morning (it took quite a while considering I didn't even know my comp had a DRM extension prior to this morning). well, long story short, it's fixed and my song is downloaded. most definitely worth the trouble though. the song is really good and upbeat. if you have time, you may want to listen to it. you can listen to it here at http://www.artistdirect.com. the song is called 'better days'. you can also watch the video which is quite good. here are some of the lyrics:

And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

well, now I'm off to hack at things in guantlet which shannon, nicole, nette, and chris gave me for my b-day present.

1 comment:

nettymus said...

Actually the present was just from shannon and nicole. Sorry if we gave you the worng impression! It was a fun party, and I'm glad we got to come. It was good to see you again!
-Nette